Contact us today to discuss your case.
The Convenience of Ridesharing Can Come With a Price
With the growing popularity of ridesharing companies, Uber and Lyft car accident claims are on the rise.
Uber and Lyft Car Accident Claims Require an Attorney with Experience and a Track Record of Success
At Porcaro Law Group we are thoroughly familiar with Uber and Lyft car accident claims. We have the hands-on experience that gets you the compensation you deserve.
On the surface, the services of companies like Uber and Lyft seem like fantastic alternatives to traditional taxis and public transportation. They're quick, cheap, and available just about everywhere. In fact, it's obvious by now that Uber and Lyft have completely transformed the passenger transport industry.
Unfortunately, the convenience and low costs that these companies offer sometimes end in disaster. We're talking about when an Uber or Lyft driver is involved in an accident and their passenger(s) gets injured through absolutely no fault of their own.
If you've been injured in an Uber or Lyft related traffic accident, you'll need to know the ins and outs of your legal rights. This is a prerequisite for making Uber and Lyft car accident claims.
What are Your Rights in Uber or Lyft Car Accident Claims?
Understanding your rights can be a little confusing. For the most part, this confusion stems from the nature of companies like Uber and Lyft themselves.
Their exact legal status is fairly complex and beyond the scope of what we're explaining here, but much of the confusion comes from their level of decentralization (1). Oddly enough, this decentralization is one of the things that have made these companies successfully – mostly because it reduces overhead and can pass these savings to the consumer.
In other words, decentralization is great until something terrible happens and you get injured. This is because it's not entirely clear who's responsible for what and which entity, in the end, is financially liable for your injuries.
Fortunately, that's exactly what we're here to clear up. Read on to discover everything you need to know about making a personal injury claim that involves Uber or Lyft.
An Overview of Uber and Lyft Car Accident Claims
Here are the main things you need to know about injury claims involving ridesharing firms like Uber and Lyft:
- Many passengers involved in Uber and Lyft accidents don't understand their legal rights.
- If you're injured in one of these accidents, you're an innocent victim and are entitled to just compensation.
- If you're injured in an accident where the Uber or Lyft driver is at fault, you are entitled to compensation from the company's insurance provider (2).
- If the Uber or Lyft driver was not at fault, then you will need to file a claim against the driver who was.
- If this at-fault driver does not have enough coverage (or none at all) to compensate you, then you can make a claim against the Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist portions of the rideshare company's insurance policy.
- Regardless of the details, the insurance company you're making the claim against is not on your side. They will do everything they can to minimize your compensation.
Personal injury claims are never easy to navigate, but as you can probably see, there are even more layers of complexities with accidents involving Uber and Lyft. These complexities are certainly manageable, but it's best to let an experienced personal injury attorney take care of them for you. You have enough on your hands already.
Now let's have a look at what you need to do first after your accident.
What to Do After the Accident
It goes without saying that the first thing you must do is attend to your injuries. Seek whatever medical care you need immediately after your accident. Once you've done this, here are the next few things you should do after your injury:
- Call the police and make sure you obtain a copy of their report.
- Obtain contact information for everyone involved in the accident as well as any witnesses.
- Obtain statements from these people wherever possible.
- Take photos of the accident scene and any damaged property.
- Write down any information related to the transaction with Uber or Lyft. This includes time, date, confirmation numbers, etc.
- Keep a log of everything that happens afterward. This log should include medical appointments, missed work, and anything else related to the accident.
- Arrange a consultation with a reputable personal injury attorney as quickly as possible.
Following these suggestions as precisely as possible gives you the best chance at reaching the most advantageous settlement. They will also expedite the entire claims process and help you cut through the confusion inherent to these types of claims.
Be safe. Stay Calm. Contact Porcaro Law Group. We're waiting for your call.
If you've been injured in an accident while using the services of a ridesharing company like Uber or Lyft, this is probably a difficult time for you and your family. We hope that the information we've presented here will prove useful to you in one way or another.
Of course, our first concern is your health and well-being, so please make these your top priority after you've been injured. Unfortunately, people can also experience a great deal of stress after they're injured. This is where we can help.
A large part of injury-related stress is caused by financial concerns and the legal complexity of the claim process. We can help alleviate these financial concerns by reaching the best settlement possible and use our team's legal expertise to take the burden of complexity off your shoulders.
Please contact our offices immediately if you have any questions or would like to schedule a free consultation with a compassionate and knowledgeable attorney. It will be the first and best step toward resolving what must be a very difficult situation.